saying good bye to my long hair was a spur of the moment decision. kindof. the thought had crossed
my mind a few times but i was too afraid and still in love with my long hair. i think what really made
me think about it was this post from nirrimi of 'the road is home'.
" I was spending so much of my time preserving what I saw as my beauty
that I didn’t stop to realise I
could be beautiful without it. Or,
here’s a new idea, I didn’t have to be beautiful. At least not in the
way society convinces me I should be."
this really struck me because i'd been thinking a lot about what i found beautiful and where i was
basing that off of. my long hair was my safety net. the one thing that allowed me to stand out from a
crowd of people. i didn't always love it. it took ages to dry and always tangled. the ends were so dry
and split but i couldn't bring myself to part with it. reading nirrimi's words put me at peace tho. it was
just a fresh way of thinking.
when i got it cut (and coloured), i was in okinawa and i was feeling....a bit crazed from grief i guess. i
just wanted to do something to not necessarily make me happy but make me feel...different. to take
my mind off of things. and..it is just hair..at least that was my mantra for the first day. now that its
been almost a month, i'm pretty happy with it. the colour looks great, its manageable, and it feels soo
healthy. everyone kept asking me about where i had my hair done and it felt so weird to say in japan.
but i guess i just feel weird because it was shit circumstances and i still don't like thinking about it.
more on that later maybe...but anyway, what are your thoughts on hair or beauty? has anyone else felt
the same way?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.